- air strike
: an air attack
* * *the bombing or strafing of a city, enemy force, etc., by military aircraft: The air strike devastated the enemy's submarine base. Also, airstrike.[1940-45]
* * *air strike nounAn attack with aircraft• • •Main Entry: ↑air
* * *an attack in which one or more planes drop bombs on a placeThesaurus: military or armed attackhyponym
* * *to attack with aircraft: »
Our President's refusal…to airstrike the Serbian artillery is dismaying (William Safire).air strike,an attack by aircraft upon a target: »
130 guerrillas had been killed, 100 of them by immediate air strikes (New York Times).
* * *n. an attack made by aircraft
* * *noun, pl ⋯ strikes [count]: an attack in which military airplanes drop bombs
The strategy calls for air strikes on key targets.
* * *ˈair strike 7 [air strike] nounan attack made by aircraft
Useful english dictionary. 2012.